Tuesday, May 26, 2009

DRIVEN!

Everyday of the minute I think about my future. I think about the goals I have set for myself, and how I am going to accomplish them. What I want to contribute to society and how am I going to get to where I want to be? Success can be a scary thing. Why? Because after all the hard work and commitment the last thing you'd want to do is fail. So to get to my success I'm going to open my own doors and create my own opportunities. One of those goals being, Black Vogue (a sister magazine to Vogue), along with a modeling agency. Black models, male and female, do not grace the runaway or magazines as often as they should and it is sad and unfortunate because there are so many of them that deserve a chance to shine. When you go to the newstands how many blacks are on high fashion magazine covers? How many have spreads? They have to work twice as hard because magazines and designers won't book them.

I love taking chances. My favorite line, "that's unique," is what I live by. So, I decided to create a blog of things that I love and things that are unique and important to me. But to also give light to models and designers that have been contributing for a long time, and those that are just starting out. African Americans give as much to the fashion industry as any race, and they deserve this!


"It’s not just black girls. It’s ethnic girls in general: Brazilian girls, Hispanic. You really don’t see a lot of Asians either. A lot of designers think that if every girl on the runway looks exactly alike, then people will come to the shows and buy the clothes because they won’t be focusing on the models….It’s not even just runway either... us ethnic girls should be getting a lot of the covers too! I would love to be on half of the campaigns these [white] girls are booking, all looking exactly alike. It’s not right. It’s not fair.” Chanel Iman
[Page Six Magazine]

Dreams are like plants. You plant your dream and you water it everyday. The more you believe and dedicate yourself to that dream, the more it grows.
-Me




No comments:

Post a Comment